Yellowstone Snowshoe Excursions
Experience Winter Solitude in Yellowstone National Park5 day/4 night package | Price: $1600/person | Guest to Guide Ratio: 4 to 1 | Activity level: Moderate
1 / 7
2 / 7
3 / 7
4 / 7
5 / 7
6 / 7
Let us show you the finest way to experience a Yellowstone winter, at a snowshoer's pace from the Yellowstone Expeditions Yurt Camp. We invite you to join our small groups and experienced snowshoe guides to explore the quiet and solitude of the Yellowstone backcountry. Our multiday snowshoe excursions are based from the comfortable Snowshoer's "Yurt Camp" located only one half mile from the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River. Our two large yurts serve as the social center of the camp, while guests sleep in their own private, heated, tent cabins. Transportation to the camp from West Yellowstone, as well as to trailheads within the park, is by tracked "snow-vans".
Our package excursions include snowshoe guides, all meals, lodging (includes bedding and linens) at the yurt camp, and all snow-van transportation within the park. We also have snow shoe or xc ski rentals available.
From the Snowshoer's Camp, snowshoers can flat track the meadows of Cascade Creek, travel to several backcountry hot spring basins, xc ski the rim of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, or just spend time watching the animals of Yellowstone. Join us this winter for great scenery, abundant wildlife, and some of the best snow that the Northern Rockies has to offer.
Yellowstone Expeditions also offers backcountry cross-country ski excursions and daily scenic snowcoach tours into Yellowstone National Park from West Yellowstone, MT. We also offer single day snowshoe tours within Yellowstone.
- The Day before your trip: Travel to West Yellowstone.
- We recommend that you fly into Bozeman, MT or Idaho Falls, ID. We can help arrange ground transportation to West Yellowstone.
- Day 1: Snowcoach into Yellowstone, overnight at the Snowshoer's Yurt Camp.
- We pick you up your hotel with one of our snowvans. We arrive at the Snowshoer's Yurt Camp in the early afternoon in time for a snowshoe along the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River.
- Day 2 through 4: Snowshoe and snowcoach to destinations in Yellowstone. Overnights at the Yurt Camp.
- Each day we snowshoe a different trail based on your ability and preference. Travel to the various trailheads is by snow-van.
- Day 5: Snowshoe in the morning and then travel to West Yellowstone mid afternoon.
- We start the day with a snowshoe trip in the morning. Following lunch, we will load up the snowvan and travel back to West Yellowstone.
- The Day after your trip: Travel home.
- Travel back to Bozeman or Idaho Falls and fly home- savor the memory for weeks after your trip.